At Mote Park Watersports Centre we provide the opportunity to take part in Sailing, Kayaking and Canoeing, Rowing and Power Boating, for anyone aged 8 years and over. Along with this, we offer Windsurfing and Stand Up Paddle boarding, all year round scuba diving lessons with a highly qualified scuba diving instructors, and first rate first aid courses for businesses and individuals.
You can use your own equipment or hire equipment from the centre. We have exciting, extensive youth programs for ages 8-16 with our well-established school holiday programs to the ever popular youth nights and birthday events.
We cater for team-building corporate events and private parties.
April – September, 7 days a week from 9am to 7pm
October – March 7 days a week from 9am – 5pm
Opening and Closing times are weather dependant, with torrential weather conditions we may open & close outside of advertised times with limited notice, please contact Mote Park Water Sports Centre for further information.
The only day of the year we are fully closed is ‘Christmas Day’.
The centre is located at the Mote Park, Maidstone, centrally located to the town centre. From Maidstone town centre, just follow signs for Mote Park. See Contact for more information.
We have instructors for every discipline, all of whom are Royal Yachting Association qualified, British Canoeing qualified, First Aid trained with Full DBS checks in place.
Our Chief Instructor
An instructor with the highest qualifications in several diverse fields, Stuart James Clarke brings a wealth of experience and awards to his role. One of the youngest competitors in the televised BT Global Challenge: The World’s Toughest Yacht Race 2000/1, and the Round Britain Challenge yacht race 2003.
He has also participated in the Irie Man Competition in Barbados and has received professional sponsorship from Neill Pryde, JP Australia and O’Neil. He has received many invitations from the Professional Windsurfers Association for world tours.
Beneath the water, Stuart holds the highest and most professional rating in recreational Scuba Diving and instruction as a PADI Course Director and Specialist Instructor Trainer.
He has prepared young people and adults to compete professionally in Sailing, Windsurfing and Swimming and has trained the National Korean Lifeguard Team in surf rescue and surfing lessons in Australia along with winning an award for rescue by The Royal Life Saving Society the Certificate of Metorious Action.
Stuart is also looking forwards to studying his Masters in Maritime History & Security at The University of Greenwich in the near future.
- R.Y.A Yachtmaster
- R.Y.A Senior Dinghy Instructor
- R.Y.A Advance Sailing Instructor
- R.Y.A Sailing Racing Instructor
- R.Y.A Keelboat Instructor
- R.Y.A Multi Hull Instructor
- R.Y.A Sailability Instructor (Disabled Sailing scheme)
- R.Y.A Windsurfing Club Coach, Race and Freestyle
- R.Y.A Windsurfing level 5
- R.Y.A Windsurfing Instructor level 3
- P.A.D.I Course Director (Scuba Diving)
- P.A.D.I Specialist Instructor Trainer – Nitrox, Deep, Drift, Boat, Search & Recovery, Underwater Photography, Underwater Videography, Dry Suit, Night, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Equipment Specialist, Project Aware Conservation, National Geographic, Underwater Naturalist, Multi-level, Emergency Oxygen Provider, Diver Propulsion Vehicle and Fish Identification.
- PADI Rebreather Instructor (pending) Poseidon mark 6 and 7.
- ASSET/ IDEST DIVE INDUSTRY TECHNICIANS COURSE Full.
- COMPOSITE CYLINDER INSPECTION AND TESTING COURSE.
- Poseidon Diving engineers certificate open circuit and rebreather certified.
- Oceanic and Hollis Engineers Certificates.
- Seac Sub Engineers Certificate.
- Northern Diver engineer certificate.
- Cressi-Sub Diving engineer certificate.
- R.L.S.S Trainer Assessor, Pool Lifeguard (spinal)
- S.L.S.A Beach Lifeguard Trainer/ Assessor
Canoeing and Kayaking
- British Canoeing 3* Star Kayak and Star 3* Canoe
- British Canoeing Canoe Safety Test (FSRT) Provider
- British Canoeing Stand Up Paddle Board (Endorsement)
- British Canoeing White Water Rescue Training
- British Canoeing 4* Star (Leader) Canoe and Kayak
- British Canoeing UKCC Coach 3 (Core) with Performance 1 and 2, Coaching the Mind.
- British Canoeing SUP DSM Provider
- B.S.A Surfing Instructor/ Club coach (coach level 4)
- S.L.S.A Surf Lifesaving Beach Award (Australia)
- A.S.A Swimming Teacher level 2
- S.T.A Swimming Tutor
- E.F.R Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
- R.Y.A First Aid Instructor
- R.Y.A Power Boat Instructor (Safety)
General Marine Qualifications
- R.Y.A V.H.F Radio and G.M.D.S.S (short range)
- R.Y.A First Aid Afloat
- R.Y.A Radar certificate
- R.Y.A. Diesel Maintenance
- M. C. A Personal Safety and Responsibility
- M. C. A Crowd Control and Crowd Management
- M. C. A Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- M. C. A Personal Survival Techniques (Sea)
- N.C.F.E. Professional Development Certificate for the Outdoor Industry
Mote Park Water Sports Centre Instructors
We have instructors for every discipline, all of whom are Royal Yachting Association qualified, British Canoe Union qualified, First Aid trained with Full CRB checks in place.